When are we opening?
We are pleased to welcome you back: the practice reopened for face to face appointments on 8th June
How do I book an appointment to continue my treatment?
- If you are currently under treatment we will call you to book your next appointment. You do not need to contact us about your appointment.
- We need to speak to you on the telephone before we book an appointment so it is important that you answer you phone when we call.
- Please update us by email if you have changed your phone number.
What has changed when I come for my appointment?
- We have changed our process for seeing patients to ensure everyone stays safe.
- Before we can see you again, we will ask you to complete a pre-screening questionnaire. It is really important that you return this 24 hours BEFORE your appointment. We will not be permitted to see you without the complete questionnaire.
- On the day of your appointment only the patient can enter the surgery. Parents can view through the window of the surgery
- There is a sign on the door to remind you.
- The waiting room is closed at the present time but not locked. Please do not enter.
- The patient’s temperature will be recorded before you enter the surgery. If your temperature is above 37.8C you will not be able to enter the surgery and a further appointment will be made. Our temperatures are also recorded prior to each session.
- The toilet is closed for general use.
- We need to keep the time you are in the surgery to a minimum so if you want to ask us anything please email us and we will respond by email.
Will it be safe to come to my appointment?
- We have adapted our working environment to keep everyone safe.
- When you arrive, you will be asked to rinse your mouth with a small amount of antiseptic mouth rinse and then to spit into the cup using the tissue to absorb the rinse. I am sorry that it tastes like a swimming pool, but it is safe and very effective against viruses. We are also using it and we know that the taste is not great.
- The surgery will look very plain as we have removed pictures and certificates. There is an air purifier working which filters the air to remove viruses.
- We will be wearing a mask and a visor to minimise the risk of any virus transmission.
- We need a longer time between appointments, and we will not have as much flexibility to move appointments.
- We have purchased special anti-virus cleaning solutions to clean surfaces between patients.
- We have always had very safe instrument sterilisation. The process for using our washer disinfector and steriliser prior to placing our instruments in sterile bags is unchanged
What will the impact be on my treatment?
- If you have a broken brace please let us know before your appointment as we need to prepare our instruments in advance for each patient before your appointment to avoid opening drawers and cupboards during the session which can potentially contaminate the inside.
- We are planning normal adjustments appointments. Please choose colours for your fixed brace in advance and let us know.
- If you were expecting your brace to be removed before lockdown it may not go ahead as teeth may have moved and will need final adjustments. Also we may not be able to remove all the glue as using drills is something we are avoiding at present.
- I am sure that you are wondering if your treatment will take longer. Treatment time varies widely between individuals. It is inevitable that treatment time will be extended, however we have be in touch by video call so I have been able to monitor your progress. We have prepared in advance and fortunately I am able to see you as soon as we are permitted to carry your out face to face appointment.