Useful Information

Routine questions and answers about orthodontic treatment can be found on The British Dental Health Foundation website, The British Orthodontic Society website or The American Association of Orthodontists website which has "A parent's guide to Orthodontics".



How do I book an appointment?

An initial consultation at 8-9 years of age is often beneficial to assess the orthodontic needs and plan for treatment at the optimal age. Increasing numbers of adults are now undergoing treatment with new developments offering more aesthetic appliances.


If you wish to refer a patient to Nigel you may contact us by: post, telephone or e-mail.


All correspondence and radiographs should be sent to the office at Brockley House. If recent radiographs are available, it is helpful if these are enclosed with the referral.


Following referral the patient is contacted and an initial assessment appointment offered. New private patients are seen for initial assessment at the Orthodontic Unit at the Royal Surrey County Hospital.


How do I contact the practice in an emergency?

Broken braces may not constitute an emergency, but the practice needs to be informed so that an earlier appointment can be arranged if required.


Please telephone the practice in this instance. The Brockley House Office has a telephone answering machine that takes messages when no-one is able to answer the telephone. If you do not receive a response to a message and your call is urgent, please send a text to the mobile telephone number provided.


Coronavirus Advice

The NHS in England and Public Health England (PHE) are extremely well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases. The NHS has put in place measures to ensure the safety of all patients and NHS staff whilst also ensuring services are available to the public as normal.

The risk to the general public is moderate. If you have arrived back to the UK from mainland China, Thailand, Japan, Republic of Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia or Macau within 14 days, follow the specific advice for returning travellers.


Call 111 now if you have been:

  • to Wuhan or Hubei Province in China in the last 14 days (even if you do not have symptoms)
  • to other parts of China, including Macau and Hong Kong, in the last 14 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if it's mild)
  • to Thailand, Japan, Taiwan, SIngapore, Republic of Korea or Malaysia in the last 14 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if it's mild)
  • in close contact iwth someone with confirmed Coronavirus

Do not go to a GP surgery, community pharmacy or hospital. Call 111, stay indoors and avoid close contact with other people.


Further information is available on