Our principles of best practice are developed for an orthodontic practice from the British Dental Association Good Practice Scheme and the British Orthodontic Society:
1. We aim to provide orthodontic care of a consistently excellent quality for all patients.
2. We only provide care that meets your needs and wishes.
3. We aim to make your treatment as comfortable and convenient as possible.
4. We look after your general health and safety while receiving orthodontic care.
5. Decontamination is essential to the safety of our patients. We follow the British Dental Association guidelines on infection control.
6. All orthodontists and Dental Care Professionals in the practice take part in continuing professional education, meeting the General Dental Council’s requirements. We aim to keep up-to-date with current thinking on all aspects of orthodontics.
7. All staff are trained in practice-wide work systems and undergo an annual appraisal.
8. We welcome feedback and deal promptly with any complaints. If you have any concerns about any aspect of your care you should contact the practice directly. The Dental Complaints Service is available to help those who are unhappy with our response.
9. Every member of the practice is aware of the need to work safely under General Dental Council guidelines.